Saturday, March 22, 2008

SPRING BREAK 2008

Work let out and right away it was off to the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH - Disneyland! Oh, the plans I had to find a balance between the DARK RIDES of FANTASY LAND and time in my journal. Time was when I could travel and keep a travel journal. I would unwind at night with observations and poems and doodles / I would soak a brew and reflect. I packed my usual bag: book, journal, pens, iPod, stamps, address book (I could NEVER forget the POSTCARDS!). I had it all. But, come nightfall, it was all I could do to read a chapter in the final year of HARRY POTTER. I'm getting old, and Grace keeps me going, and when she naps....I GOTTA NAP! That is just the way it is. I wouldn't change a thing. AND, what a GREAT TIME WE HAD! Good times! All the Fantasy Land rides, Monsters Inc., Bug Land attractions, Finding NEMO, Pirates, and , of course, the Haunted Mansion.

So even though no one got a postcard, it was a rewarding experience. And fear not, I was able to draw one doodle and scratch one line of verse.....not sure if it will be a poem or a ROCK SONG....or anything at all!

UNTITLED/UNFINISHED
by -papaT 3.17.08

Every old man I see
is Hunter S. T.
with gold medallion and chain
A safari hat / pills for pain

Hmm...looking at it, it ain't much. In fact it ain't very good. But, who cares?! IT'S SPRING BREAK!

No comments: