Sunday, March 23, 2008

CANDY IN THE MORNING!

I wore my Jesus shirt today. It is a black t-shirt with a white guitar pick on the chest that reads, PICK JESUS. I figured it was my EASTER BEST, so on it went. No one thought I was funny when I said I almost took a sharpie pen and added an apostrophe S and the word NOSE to the silkscreen....Pick Jesus's Nose. So I represented my Faith based beliefs today. Christ is Risen! Truly Risen! I have lost count of how many times people have looked at me with a puzzled look in their eyes and asked, "You're Christian?" I laugh and answer, "Well, sure. Can't you tell by the way I live?" They never know how to respond.

I love Easter even more then I love Christmas. There isn't the same volume of gifts at Easter as there is when we celebrate the miraculous conception and birth of the infant Christ. The Easter Bunny doesn't have the elves and the sleigh to prep and deliver gifts like Santa has. So, even though the gifts are fewer, the candy is better! Reese's Eggs are better then Reese's Trees, and the See's Butter Eggs are decadent. Gracie LOVES EASTER! The Easter Bunny delivers her basket right in her crib! The candy is just waiting to be eaten when she wakes up at 7 AM! So it was this morning! I grabbed my camera and Grace squeezed her eyes shut and said, "CHEEEEEZ!" The chocolate coated her teeth and melted in her hands. Mmmmmm!

2 comments:

PONNY PON said...

Your blog site is my candy in the morning.Hope you all had a awesome Easter.

sarahVZ said...

My family never celebrated Easter (or Christmas for that matter) but my mom always bought us chocolate rabbits as soon as they were on the shelves. It was nice not having to wait until Easter Sunday to eat them :)