Tuesday, March 25, 2008

NEW DOODLE SCRIBBLES ON PAPER

I can't explain my current need to doodle. I am not sure why the scribble has become a part of the product, just as I can not explain my obsession with spirals from years ago (although that ancient symbol continues to show up time and again on the paper). It is what it is, and while I am coloring I am in a happy state. I feel connected. So why fight it?

I can't remember where I got the drawing tablet, but I carry it around with me with a tin of oil crayons. Gracie sometimes joins in the fun (see Disneyland from Sheraton).

Title: 2554126 Shoes?
Origin: Feet are not my favorite. Anyone who knows me knows that I like boobs the best. The naked foot to me is lacking. The piece it is lacking is an object of affection. Some would call it a shoe fetish....I just think the foot needs to be covered.




Title: CD Cover Sample
Origin: Paul Lucckesi asked if I would draw something up for the '08 BHS Jazz CD cover. This is my first attempt. Don't know if I like it.



Title: 2554126 K GOLD
Origin: Jack & The Beanstalk.






Title: Disneyland From The Sheraton
Origin: For the first time in years we stayed at a hotel other than one of the resort hotels. I had forgotten what a nice view the Sheraton offers. Gracie and I worked on this one together.


Title: WHALE
Origin: Who the hell knows...???






Title: Vermilion / Silver Grey / 2554126 Blue
Origin: Sometimes I like to make a squiggle line then fill in the shapes with color. No hidden meaning here. In fact, you ain't gonna fine any complex meaning in any of my work. Symbolism, message, theme....all that takes time. I like to work fast. If a drawing isn't finished in 5 minutes then I start getting cranky.


Title: Untitled or I guess I could call it: Bug and Candle
Origin: It just happened. I have no idea.




Title: 2 Questions
Origin: After visiting a bunch of galleries in LA I went back to the hotel and thought about how all my favorite pieces of the day were made of lines, either scribbles, or patchworks, or something. This is what came from my meditation.


Title: Hippo (Maybe?)
Origin: Again, me and Grace playing with color crayons and me experimenting with spontaneous line formation. Simple. This one is my favorite.

1 comment:

sarahVZ said...

I think feet are gross.