Wednesday, May 2, 2007

BEGIN WITH A POEM

Maybe I can use his BLOG as an instant publisher. Everyday I can throw up a poem, good or bad. Throw up? Did I say, Throw up a poem? What does that say about my poetry?

This one goes way back. I don't even remember when I first wrote the rough. It will be printed in my new book HWY 99 NORTH (which is printed and stacked in my garage, but isn't yet put together).

Dialogue

What’s so funny?
Oh nothing.
What is it?
Just this article I’m reading.
What’s so funny about it?
Oh nothing.
What’s it about?
Just this guy and a bowling ball.
Is it his bowling ball?
Yeah, but that’s not the funny part.
Well, what’s so funny?
Nothing.
Will you please tell me?
You’ll have to read it yourself.

In the picture above, by the way, that is my mother-in-law behind me. We were at Disneyland when the picture was taken. I love Disneyland.

1 comment:

el said...

Hey Brother, I finally got on my computer to read your BLOG. love it. love you.
el